Did your pension plan fail? If PBGC is now the "trustee" responsible for paying your benefits, find information about your plan using the search box below. Search using:
- Pension plan name
- PBGC 8-digit case number
- Company or sponsor name
Find out about the benefits that PBGC guarantees.
- What PBGC guarantees
- PBGC payments
- Your right to appeal
- Benefits for disabled participants
- Qualified domestic relations orders
- Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC)
- Standard Terminations: FAQ for Workers and Retirees
For participants in PBGC-trusteed pension plans, it's easy to conduct most of these benefit-related transactions online:
- Request a payment estimate
- Apply for your pension benefits
- Update address or phone number
- Apply for or update direct deposit
- Designate power of attorney [paper form required]
When PBGC becomes responsible for a pension plan, we can't always find all the pension plan participants. Find out if you or someone you know is on our unclaimed pension list.
Visit Unclaimed Pension Search to expand your search by company or by state.
Read the latest PBGC updates that could affect your pension payment. Be sure to sign up for e-mail notices of new editions of the newsletters.Retired and already receiving benefits from PBGC?