Online Transactions are Easy: MyPBA FAQs
MyPBA is a secure online service offered to you by PBGC that allows you to handle, through the Web, a number of common transactions with PBGC. This service is fast, free, and available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It does not matter whether you click "MyPBA Login" on our home page or log in from the Workers & Retirees page to get to it.
- View and print your IRS Form 1099-R (which reports your pension payments from PBGC) for your income tax filing
- Obtain a letter that verifies the amount of your income from PBGC
- Apply for pension benefits
- Designate or change beneficiary information
- Change your address, telephone number, or e-mail address
- Designate or edit your federal tax withholdings
- Apply for electronic direct deposit (EDD) or edit your existing EDD information
- View payment information such as address of record, payment status, and canceled checks
All plan participants in PBGC-trusteed plans, including:
- Alternate Payees under qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs)
- Future retirees (deferred vested)
- Transactions are processed faster using PBGCs online service. There is no waiting for forms in the mail!
- Online transactions are safe, confidential,and completely secure.
- MyPBA provides confirmation of the date and time that PBGC received your information.
- MyPBA helps PBGC provide more accurate and timely response.
- You can create your personal MyPBA account as soon as we have acquired your plan's information and finished loading it into our database.
- If you try to open an account too soon, you will get a message that there's no match to the plan name or case number yet.
- Please wait a few days and try again. It may take PBGC several months to set up the database for your plan.
- Visit the MyPBA Login page and select the "Create Your MyPBA Login" link to get started.
- If you have questions, you can email us at MyPension@pbgc.gov and we will reply during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (ET). You can also contact us by phone during these hours at 1-800-400-7242. TTY/ASCII users call the federal relay service at 1-800-877-8339 and ask to be connected to 1-800-400-7242.